Sunday, September 22, 2019

Will you be Getting $50 from South Carolina?

This December, 57% of SC taxpayers will be getting checks for $50 in the mail. This is a rebate from lottery money the state got when we had a huge winner.

How do you know if you will get one?

Simple, if you got all your SC tax withholding back last year (or they kept less than $50) - no check

If you don't file your 2018 (last year) tax return by October 15th - no check

If you are married and filed jointly - you get one check for both of you.

Most military spouses working in SC get all their taxes back (or should) - that means no check

As best I can tell it's as simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will try to answer questions, though if they are complicated, email me at taxadvisor@email.com. Consider buying one of my books to thank me for my answers. Spam comments will be deleted. No links unless they are pertinent to the question asked. If you want cross promotion - ask.