Monday, January 7, 2013

Drop Box Donations - US Marines

Trust the Marines to have their stuff squared away.  Very few people are aware that, despite the IRS lowering the threshold for what charitable contributions require receipts to $0, there is an exception if the  method does not enable providing a receipt, and the example specifically given is a dropbox.

I snapped this picture of a Marine Corps Toys for Tots dropbox in Dallas, TX that succinctly summarizes how to substantiate a donation made to a dropbox.



Good on you, USMC!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will try to answer questions, though if they are complicated, email me at taxadvisor@email.com. Consider buying one of my books to thank me for my answers. Spam comments will be deleted. No links unless they are pertinent to the question asked. If you want cross promotion - ask.