Thursday, June 14, 2012

Random Thought about Books

I went to a very strange used book store in Vermont that was basically a house filled with old books that was trying to get rid of all their books.  He was selling the hardcovers for $1 and many were worth well over $25.  I couldn't help thinking that he would get more money donating them to charity than selling them for far less than they were worth.  It would also probably take a lot less time and trouble.

Wouldn't it be nice if I could just be happy buying great books for a song without having to obsess about the tax implications?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will try to answer questions, though if they are complicated, email me at taxadvisor@email.com. Consider buying one of my books to thank me for my answers. Spam comments will be deleted. No links unless they are pertinent to the question asked. If you want cross promotion - ask.