Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Just to be clear...

This is not how it works.

Me: "What if I get it wrong?"

Gov't: "We will send you a letter explaining what you did wrong, suggesting changes and giving you 30 days to respond."

Gov't: "Actually, we probably won't even notice. We're understaffed and incompetent and rely almost completely on poorly programmed computers to send letters automatically. Unless you miss an important document that we already know about you probably won't hear from us."

Gov't: "Hell, even in that case your odds are pretty good."

Gov't: "Oh, and you pretty much have to try to get thrown in jail. That isn't even close to a planned part of enforcement and is used only as a last resort, and usually not even then...but we WILL take your shit..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will try to answer questions, though if they are complicated, email me at taxadvisor@email.com. Consider buying one of my books to thank me for my answers. Spam comments will be deleted. No links unless they are pertinent to the question asked. If you want cross promotion - ask.